Drop/Add Processes & Deadlines for Spring 2021 Courses
Registration in a Rowan University course implies the student’s obligation to complete the course requirements. Non-attendance does not constitute a drop or withdrawal. Neither non-attendance nor non-payment guarantees a student will be automatically dropped from courses. The student is financially and academically responsible for the timely and appropriate completion of any registration adjustment procedures within the posted semester deadlines.
Dropping or adding a course means the course will be removed (dropped) or added to the schedule with any associated tuition and fees.
- Undergraduate students who remain between 12 and 17 credits will not see an adjustment to their semester bill.
- Students may make their own online adjustments via Self-Service Banner once registration has opened through Regular Drop/Add period for the session/part of term in which the course appears.
- Students may make their own online adjustments via Self-Service Banner, to courses that begin later than the traditional semester (“Late-start” courses). Self-registration remains open for a Late-start course until the Regular Drop/Add period for that part of term closes.
- After the Regular Drop/Add period, students may still drop courses online via Self-Service, through the end of the Late Drop/Add period, however, professor approval is required to add a class during this period. Students wishing to add a course should submit a Late Add email request, using the process outlined below, within posted term deadlines. Late Adds cannot be performed online in Self Service.
- After the Late Drop/Add period, students may not add or drop full-term courses from their schedule. The only option is to withdraw.
Spring 2021 Late Course Add Process
All completed requests must be received within appropriate “Semester Dates & Deadlines”.
Students should follow these steps to request a Late Course Add:
- Students copy and paste the information (including these instructions) below into a new email.
- Students must complete the “Student & Course Information.”
- Students must send the email to the PROFESSOR of the course.
- The professor will complete the “Professor Information” details and then send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email must be received within posted deadlines and the Registrar Team will honor the date it is received.
- When the add is processed, both the student and the faculty member will receive a confirmation email.
By submitting this form, I understand:
- that adding or dropping a course may impact my University bill and that I will be responsible for handling the payment arrangements for any and all associated costs/charges.
- that this process may affect my Financial Aid.
- that I must contact the appropriate office regarding consequences of this action if I am a student athlete, international student, or in University Housing.
STUDENT & COURSE INFORMATION
Student Name (Last, First):
Start & end dates of course:
Title of Course:
PROFESSOR INFORMATION PER INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE
Name (Last, First):
Indicate your approval to ADD the requested course:
If a course waiver is required, please indicate which waivers are approved (Capacity, Pre-Req, Field of Study, Repeat, etc.):
Spring 2021 Drop/Add Dates* (for full-term courses)
- Regular Drop/Add (done via Self-Service): 1/25/21 – 2/1/21
- Late Drop/Add (DROP via Self-Service; ADD using email process outlined above): 2/2/21 – 2/8/21
*all registration-related dates are determined by the part of term in which the course appears and can be found here.
Office of the University Registrar
Name: Jena Mazzio
Department: Registrar's Office - Main
Title: Project Coordinator
Name: Linda Drexel
Department: Registrar's Office - Main
Skip to top of page